Wilmette Harbor Club Photo Gallery

Wilmette Harbor Historical Photos

Breaking Ground for the new Clubhouse, May 2,1937.
New Clubhouse Site. This photo taken circa 1925 shows the location of the new club house built in 1937. Note the Buccaneers' Club floating club house to the right.
The Dinghy shack and the Sheridan Shore Yacht Club about 1954. The Association constructed the dinghy shack during the winter of 1948-49 on property leased by Sheridan Shore Yacht Club in an attempt to provide needed storage space and to lessen the dependence on the yacht club.
Members gathering on the Club House wooden deck. (Some things never change!)
The Sheridan Shore Yacht Club Star Fleet getting ready for a race, Mid 1930s.
Star Fleet in Wilmette Harbor. Mid 1930s.
Star Fleet in Wilmette Harbor. Mid 1930s.
View of sailboats in Wilmette Harbor with the Bahai Temple in the background, 1942.
Donating "Nimbus" to Mariners. 1963. Member Bob Suhr donating Arrow #16 to the Mariner Troop. Standing next to Suhr is Rollie Schmitt, Mariner Leader.
The Sea Scout Schooner "Ouilmette" passing the Gross Point Light House circa 1939. The schooner was converted from a Coast Guard 26 foot lifeboat and the rigging and sails were made by the Sea Scouts.
Wilmette Harbor member assisting guests boarding a yacht for a beautiful day out on the water. 1956.
Star Fleet in Wilmette Harbor. 1957