Sheridan Shore Yacht Club
Wilmette Harbor Club's Sailing Fleet
Wilmette Harbor Club has a robust sailing fleet led by Commodore John Kennedy. The racing program includes the following fleets:
- Flying Scots
SSYC Racing Program 2018
The racing program will kick off with the Memorial Day Series on Saturday May 26, and Sunday May 27. The weekly racing program starts June 2. Program highlights are:
- Back to alternating race days: 7 Saturdays and 6 Sundays
- Four "All Fleet" races scheduled: 3 on a Sunday and 1 on a Saturday
- Four Wednesday night racing programs. Details to follow.
- There will be a program to practice starts worked in early in the season. Details to follow.
- The new J/70 fleet will have their own start for regular races and Race Weekend. Phil Serwich is going to run the charter program and conduct the certifications for charter. People interested in crewing or skippering on the J/70 on regular race days should contact John Kennedy who will help assemble racing crews. Fleets that organize themselves into a team (4 people) will have some priority. Two people on board will have to be certified.
Click here to see a PDF of the Race Schedule: 2018 SSYC Race Schedule